Van's B.S. Board!  

Go Back   Van's B.S. Board! > General B.S. > Chit Chat

Old 01-03-2020, 08:22 PM   #1
JWSahara
B.S. Veteran

Default Welcome Home

Feels good to be back here. Use this thread to catch up and share! Howdy BS Friends!
JWSahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 08:39 PM   #2
JWSahara
B.S. Veteran

Default Re: Welcome Home

Our son is in Jr year at Texas A&M. Physics/Engineering major. Daughter is a sophomore in high school and a cheerleader. She wants to go to A&M as well and be in the Corps of Cadets and perhaps go into the military. Two dogs (Fritz and Juna) both rescues. And a cat that showed up as stray kitten named in JoJo’s honor “Tom Brady”. Actually daughter named him Brady and I added the Tom for cat. ��
Old 01-04-2020, 12:48 PM   #3
JoJoJoey
yada yada yada

I’m honored! Tom is the GOAT!!!

Well, Abby will be 12 next month and is in 6th grade. My niece Kate, who was one of my flower girls, is getting married later this year. My mom is in end stage Alzheimer’s. She is immobile, in a long term care nursing facility and gets hospice services. She has good days and bad days, but she is safe and well cared for. My dad is still having a hard time with everything, but is adjusting a little more each day.

We are planning our next Disney trip for this June/July. Universal this trip too!

I miss the boards. 😢
JoJoJoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 01:11 PM   #4
JWSahara
B.S. Veteran

Great to see you JoJo!!
Old 01-04-2020, 01:12 PM   #5
JWSahara
B.S. Veteran

Sorry about your Mom. I have a good friend going through this with his Dad.
Old 01-04-2020, 03:05 PM   #6
kindnessfirst
. . . . . .

Hi all! It would be great to liven up this place. Thanks Greg for reaching out. Your family is doing so well, too! That's always good.

So sorry about your mom, Jo. It's such a rough illness to deal with. Abby is growing up too fast, though! Love seeing the pics you post.

My family is doing pretty well, too. Sons are in great jobs. One just finished his apprenticeship training as a steamfitter. He is making good money now. All three sons are married and two of them have children. My oldest has three girls, ages nearly 10, 6, and 2. My youngest has one daughter, age 3 going on 13! LOL I'm not sure there will be any other grands for me.

I retired in spring of 2016. Not sure I like being retired, but I sure don't miss the bullshit where I was.

I miss the boards, too.
kindnessfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:07 PM   #7
Racenut
~~~~~~~~~~

Stunt Dirt Bike Champion

Where does the time go....

I'm gonna be 50 this year. SHit. Still living in the same place, working in the same place. But working toward getting out of here in the next few years.

Meghan is 25, engaged and moved out living with her fiance. Still working at Starbucks till she's done with school since they're paying for it. She has about another year to go.

Kendall is 23 and still living at home. Works for a beer distributor and is doing pretty good but shows little signs of desire to move out lol. He is mostly easy to have around though as he's either in his room or working on his car. He spends all his free time going to trackdays to play racecar driver.. big surprise, I know...

Damn, we're all getting old....
Old 01-04-2020, 10:33 PM   #8
JWSahara
B.S. Veteran

Yup on the getting old part! Thank you for keeping the boards going!!! Nice to be here! What?...Your kid digs motors and racing? Where did that come from??
Old 01-05-2020, 06:49 PM   #9
McNultysGirl
A fluffing piece of shirt

Good gosh where to start...

Colleen and Connor (neither who were born, or even ideas yet when I joined ) are currently 17 and 14. Colleen will be finishing high school this year and Connor will be finishing middle school.

I was 17 when I started here, and a high school drop-out (well, technically expelled) I went back and got my high school diploma, I started and graduated from college with my associates in nursing, I will be taking my boards in a couple of days, and was offered 3 different ER positions.

Life is pretty good at the moment.

JoJo; I'm sorry about your mom
Kindness; I DO NOT BELIEVE your grand babies are that old.
McNultysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 10:14 PM   #10
JWSahara
B.S. Veteran

Great to hear from you! We named our son “Conner” with “er” we couldn’t decide... he was 3 when I found the BS or it found me.... Annemarie was not a thought but I spent time this weekend explaining what we were... and are.
Old 01-09-2020, 10:32 PM   #11
Bugs
Wascally Wabbit

Hi everyone, glad to see a few of us are still alive.

Zoe will be 22 in May and lives across the state line in Kansas with her boyfriend and roommate. Trying to nudge her to take a college class or two now and again but there's always something more important. In the meantime, she's got a retail job and pays her bills.

Jonas turned 19 in November; he is 6'7". The day after he graduated high school this past May, he applied at a car dealership, got hired, and became a sales guy. That lasted for about 3 months at which time he decided the sales life wasn't for him, so he went to another nearby dealer and now does oil changes and other such things. He loves the hands-on nature and the guaranteed paycheck. He's still living at home with me and I'm cool with that. He starts college next Monday I believe and I think he's going to go for an associates in Business for starters, then we'll see.

I'm now at my place of employment for 22 years, still enjoy the work but some of the people I have to deal with are maddening. Our company was purchased by a competitor about 18 months ago and let's just say they have different ways of doing things. We will see how that goes.

I'm still single, not dating, but unloaded a lifetime of baggage in counseling last fall and am in a much better place mentally than I've been since 1990.

It's good to hear from you all. Prayers and positive thoughts to JoJo and whomever else can use them.

Cheers...
Bugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 11:11 PM   #12
JWSahara
B.S. Veteran

All good news Bugs! I’m so happy that you are in a good place!
Old 01-28-2020, 02:02 PM   #13
karmeg
Cornhusker

Megan is 25 and graduated 2 years ago from the University of Nebraska Medical Center and is a Registered Dental Hygienist in Omaha. She has a boyfriend and I predict they’ll be getting married at some point. She had major surgery in December for a large fibroid tumor and is now doing very well.
My mom passed away suddenly 3 years ago from a heart attack and my dad passed away 1.5 years ago from complications to remove a kidney tumor. She was 81 and he was 80. It’s been a rough adjustment but we are dealing. A few months before he died, I went on a cruise with my dad so that was awesome to spend time with him.
I’m traveling a few times a year and love it. Went to Arkansas for a couple of days last week, five of us including Megan are going to Hawaii in March and to PA to visit relatives in June.
Getting old is weird. My brother just retired (he’s 60) and I’m starting to think about when that will happen for me.
Hope you’re all doing well. ��

Last edited by karmeg; 01-28-2020 at 04:10 PM.
karmeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 06:03 PM   #14
Oz
Bummed Out Girl Scout

Kyler is almost 21 and works for Clean Harbors doing oilfield cleanup and maintenance, but is registered to start the Business Administration program in the fall. He was planning to buy his own place this spring but we convinced him to save money and stay with us while he goes to college.

Katie is almost 20 (she was a few months old when I joined the BS) and has been in management at a grocery store for almost two years (she’s been there for five). She will be going to college in the fall to take the Unit Clerk program because she wants to work in a doctor or dentist’s office. She will probably also stay with us for awhile still.

Mike is still working at the same company we sold a few years ago, although it drives him crazy a lot of the time.

I’m working as a behavioral therapist for children. My employer paid for my training and I quite enjoy it.

I am happy to be friends with so many of you on Facebook but I do still miss the board sometimes.
These are the halls of the dead where spiders spin and the great circuits fall quiet, one by one.
Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 06:53 PM   #15
Orb
Safe camp

Hi all!!!
We just celebrated Emily’s 25th birthday on the 20th �� Time flies!!!! Shayne will turn 33 and Mike 31. And I’m a friggin’ 61 year old geezer!!!

It’s actually nice to drop in here again. Have we turned the clock on Facebook? I’m at least taking credit for keeping things going with the FB group ��
Orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 06:55 PM   #16
Orb
Safe camp

Note to self: iPhone emojis don’t work here.
Orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 11:01 AM   #17
JWSahara
B.S. Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orb View Post
Note to self: iPhone emojis don’t work here.
And there is no “like” button...